Sunday, June 16, 2013

Turn That Frown Upside Down

My wife and I were having our coffee the other morning out on the deck talking about all and no one particular subject when she looks me dead in the eyes and said in the most concerned tone, "Sweetheart, you have anger issues".
I was taken aback for an instant because in my mind I have always had a rather cheery attitude, or so I thought. And of course she proceeds to point out, in great detail, each point in time over the last few months where I had given her reason to bring her concern to my attention.
After listening to her examples in stunned silence I was forced to come to the same conclusion, sadly, that I definitely didn't have such a cherry attitude as I had previously believed.
Bringing the issue to light and looking back in retrospect I definitely could see a steady decline in my attitude but I also made the discovery that with each incident there had been some sort of setback, or some disappointment, hurt or frustration at that corresponding point in time. In my defense I stated that the anger at each point was totally justified.
Looking at it more closely made me see that I wasn't the only person that was having "anger issues". I could see it happening everywhere. I could see it happening on a national scale through news articles, all of the social media channels and from talking with friends and family.
People everywhere, and I believe that our society in general is becoming more angry and frustrated day by day, and there is a multitude of different reasons but the most common thread to me seems to be our government. People are getting madder and more frustrated at seeing not only the changes that are being made but the processes by which those changes are being made, becoming more to our detriment instead of to our benefit.
I know that I cannot be the only person that gets angry when reading about how there is no personal privacy anymore or how the food we eat is slowly killing us because of a lack of concern, oversight and funding by a government that had rather start needless wars for profit instead of taking care of business at home.
Yes I get angry when I see greedy, self centered narccist buying thier way into office to serve not their constituents but their own corrupt personal agendas and everyone turns a blind eye and it is becoming the norm rather than the rare exception.
Yes I get angry when our kids die by the thousands and others come home broken and bloody from fighting unnessary wars to keep the rich and powerful just that, rich and powerful.
Don't you get angry when you learn about farmers getting paid NOT to grow food while every day men, women and children go to bed hungry and are starving to death all across amerika.
Don't you get mad at being lied to constantly?
We should get mad as hell at these same people that could care less if you have a job or you loose your house and are forced to sleep on the streets just as long as they get their six figure bonuses.
So yes I have anger issues dear and I wish a lot of other people did too. That would really give me something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment